Sunday, October 18, 2009

Enjoying the Moonlight with a Friend!

I have had this darling snowman image from Mo's Digital Pencil for about a week and my vision was to create a night scene with moonshine in a forest spotlighting the snowman and his cardinal friend. I really like the way it turned out!

The snowman image was printed on GP white. The trees from the Tree Silhouette stamp set from GinaK Designs were stamped in London Fog Momento ink. I chose this ink as it has a greenish grey tone rather than black and lends itself well to giving a snowy distant visual image. The trees closest to the front were stamped with full ink and the ones in the distance were stamped one off before stamping on the paper so they look like they are in the distant night fog.

I randomly stamped the trees to create my forest and masked the snowman when necessary. The moon was a circle punch that was placed above the trees and outlined with E50 copic marker. The night sky was sponged in with Tim Holtz Weathered Wood distress ink using a jumbo dauber.

When using the dauber I apply in a twisting motion and try to insure that it is applies so as to not see any lines. The moon beam was masked with a scrap piece of cs and sponged the sky and misty effect with the darkest areas being in the distance.

The snow and highlights were added with a white gel pen and a Sukara Stardust clear gliter pen.

Hope you like my night scene which is one of my favorite scene effects to create. I know that I know what I did but if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. I don't always explain everything I should :)

Hope you all had a great week-end. Mine was much busier than I thought it was going to be.

Sorry it took me so long to get the details posted after showing this in Mo's Digital Pencil group but I got it on as quickly as I could.

See you tomorrow!

Cathy

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful, love your coloring!!

Tammy said...

This is absolutely stunning Cathy!! I have a question....when you sponge your sky do you do it before or after you have stamped your trees? I really want to try this!! Thank you for sharing your awesome talent with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That is sweet! The way you've colored it, with that red just popping off the card, reminds me of that children's book with photographs of deer exploring a snowman in the woods -- I think the book is called Stranger in the Woods. It's been out for several years now, and it's really beautiful (as is your card!).

Anonymous said...

Cathy - this is an awesome scene! I grew up in Council Bluffs/Omaha! I don't get back often anymore though. I might have already told you that! lol Anyway, you know about Winter for sure!!! lol tfs
GREAT inspiration!
Pam Going Postal

shulsart said...

Cathy wonderful night scene. You are right London Fog is the perfect ink for this scene. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Stevens said...

Cathy, just gorgeous, Love your light shining through the woods!Another inspiring creation!

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Cathy! That scene rocks!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh perfect, I love how you did your sky.