Sunday, October 11, 2009

I did it!!! LOL

Yep, it is the little things in life that make me happy. Today it is the fact that I figured out, with no frustration, how to merge digital images in Photo Shop Elements 7. Now for some of you this may seem easy peasy but I am a hands on learner and the Help section of Photo Shop just wasn't as user friendly (dummies r us) as I needed. I was able to figure out how to do this and resize the pom pom's, layer them appropriately, and print without asking for any assistance. Made my day!!! Here is what I created:


The cheerleader image is available at Mo's Digital Pencil shop without the pom poms. The pom pom's are from Melanie Muenchinger's Sporty set and the words and number #1 are from her Just so Sporty stamp set from last year. I stamped the pom poms on white cs and scanned the image onto my computer where I could add and resize them using PhotoShop Elements 7.

I think it turned out pretty cute. I am planning to use this image for a Birthday Card for my oldest Granddaughter Ashlee, who will be 16 on November 3 and is a Varsity Cheerleader. I think that she will like it. Of course it will have to be in royal blue as they are the BlueJays and the school colors are blue and white.

I am trying to get some coloring done today so that I can make cards this week. Have a great rest of your week-end.

Happy Coloring,

Cathy

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Congrats on mastering a digital skill -- can you teach me??

Fun card, perfect for 'cheering' up a friend!!

Maria Matter said...

wow, Cathy, this is fantastic!!!
Blessings, Maria

Juls said...

well done!! I would not be able to master that digital stuff!! and the results are just fab!! great image, and I love the colour combo you have used!! fab!

Mina said...

wow what a fabulous card you made from this cheerleader and well done for merging...beautiful
Mina xxx

Sharri said...

Cathy, this is fabulous! I love the color combo and the layout you used. Great job merging!