Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog Challenge #4


I was really excited when I saw that Sandy had chosen a fancy fold card for the theme of the challenge this week on Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog.  I knew that I wanted to use Bismarck for this card too.  You know how you see an image and you know exactly what you want to make with it.  I love it when it turns out this nice!!!
This is a modified version of the Diagonal Double Pocket card tutorial on SplitCoast Stampers.
This card is finished size 6X6 and is made from one 12X12 double sided piece of EK Inspirations Eskimo Kisses card stock.  The tutorial uses an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of cs which gives you a standard size card.

I folded my cs in half both ways making 4 equal squares.  decide which side of the cs you want to be the front and lay that side up.  With the side you want up cut the left fold to the center point. (do not leave it short or cut it too far or it will not fold right) 
If you are going to make the card as I have made mine fold the lower right corner under with the point meeting the center .  Please ignore the fold on the lower left square.  This is my original test paper and I made a fold as if there was not going to be a front flap .

This picture shows step 1 the folds, only do the 2 folds making 4 equal squares.  Step 2 the cut of the left side fold from edge to center point.

This image shows the fold of the lower right corner going under and the fold of the upper left corner folded down 2 inches from the center fold and 2 inches up from the left side cut.


The left top square with the folded corner is now folded over the right top square.  The next photo will show the lower right square folded up over the top right square and your card is done, except for gluing it and addiing embelishments such as ribbon. or lace .


I admit that the double sided cardstock is much prettier than this test piece but I didn't want to waste a piece of expensive double sided cardstock if I wasn't as smart as I thought I was :)
To finish the card I attached the ribbon, You have to do this before you glue the edges down if you want it tucked under. 
I usually unfold the card and glue around the edges that are not the diagonal fold. You don't want to glue your pockets shut LOL
If you have folded and cut straight your card will close nicely.  The tags are just Quikutz Labels that I sponged around the edge with the same Worn Lipstick distress ink as I added to the Darling Scottie with the bone.

You can do basically the same thing to make any size card by cutting a square and the following the directions  I have made really cute gift cards using this fancy fold.

I hope that you enjoy this challenge and all of the beautiful fancy fold cards made by the rest of the DT.  Can't wait to see what you come up with. 
Thanks for stopping by,  I love it when you do!!!

Cathy

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Hiya Cathy, I love your wallet fold card it's awesome!!, adore Bismark isn't he just the cutest thing ever!!:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

shulsart said...

Cathy, what a great card. And Bismark looks perfect sitting there with his bone. Wonderful choice for the fancy fold challenge.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Oh I just LOVE this! I don't think I've seen this Mo image before (GASP)-must go get it from Mo NOW, LOL! I love my furbabies, love the folds on this & LOVE the image! Wonderful!

hugz,
Suzanne

Elaine L. said...

Love the fold and this sweet image!

The Wired Angel said...

Terrific card project for this challenge. Glad you are feeling better!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card with Bismarck!! Beautiful wallet and colors.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your card is stunning...
Thankyou so much for the instruction's I will be trying that fold, it's great!!!!

I enjoyed this week's challenge, fancy fold's.
x
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!